Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thoughts on Fast Changing World, Motherhood

Things are certainly moving fast. Western allies have decided to bring down a tyrant, who not long ago was a good friend. A friend, who set up a tent in the middle of Paris. Yes, politics has certainly strange bedfellows.

I read somewhere that one has children in order to fight off depression. I do not know whether I had them with this thought in mind, but I find myself more and more relying on them to feel better. Have two daughters, aged 36 and 39 and I enjoy them immensely. Lately, I find myself calling them when I feel down and tired. Deep down I know that I should not that they have a life. So do I! I run, cycle, swim, work, read, and study but still seem to rely on them to put me on track. Like this morning.

And, Maayan! My cute 7-month-old granddaughter! How come I look at her picture on the refrigirator and my face breaks out in a smile?

It is OK, Tina.

No comments: