Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reflections on Writing

Joske (Prof. Agassi) tells me that I should write, write, and write without thinking. Put thoughts on paper and not look back. Now that I have my M.A. in Democracy Studies and the Open University framework has ended, what to do? Continue with a thesis so that I may enroll in a Ph.D. studies, or just write articles and try to have them published. In this age of cyberspace, though, I do not even need a peer-reviewed journal to publish what i wrote. I can just publish them myself, or send them to a more sophisticated and academic blog. The important thing seems to write, however.

What interests me?

Globalization -- mostly the endless movement of people and the changing loyalties of these people when it comes to culture, nation, and language. Do we have to belong to one country? Do we have to identify ourselves? To what extent can we identify ourselves by country and nation? I am not a world citizen as I do know what that means. How can I be a world citizen when I do not even know what goes on in Zimbabwe? Perhaps we should first try to find out about the place we live before we can branch out to larger avenues. That was my goal when I first started studying at the Open University. Try to explore and find out more about Israel, its past, and the different views guiding its people.

No comments: